August 29, 2014

Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color in Blush Essence | Review + swatch

maybelline color elixir blush essence
maybelline color elixir blush essence
This may seem like a shock to anyone who knows me because I'm not a lipgloss person. I usually tend to stick to lipsticks and stains, but I do love Maybelline lip products, so I decided to give this a go; I'm talking about the Color Elixir line that came out a few months ago (I think). To my surprise, I actually like it and have already worn it 2 or 3 times since I bought it. 

The color I chose is called Blush Essence and, although it has a bit of shimmer, I found it to be one of the most wearable from the ones they had at the store. It's a shade that works great over any pink lipstick or on its own, since it's very opaque and creamy as you can see on the swatch below.

It retails for about 9.90€ in Spain (I bought it at Primor), $8.99 in the States (Ulta price) and, sadly,  I don't think it's out in the UK yet since I couldn't find it on Boots or Superdrug (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). 

¿Have you tried this lipgloss line?
Esto puede ser un shock para las personas que me conocen porque no me suelen gustar los brillos de labios. Suelo utilizar pintalabios y lip stains, pero sí que me encantan todos los labiales de Maybelline, así que decidí darle una oportunidad; estoy hablando de la línea Color Elixir que salió al mercado hace unos meses (creo). Para mi sorpresa, me gusta y ya lo he usado unas 2 o 3 veces desde que lo compré.

El color que escogí se llama Blush Essence y, aunque tiene un poco de brillo, creo que es uno de los tonos más "ponibles" de los que tenían en la tienda. Queda muy bien encima de algún pintalabios rosa o solo, ya que es bastante opaco como podéis ver en la foto de abajo.

Se vende por 9.90€ en España (lo compré en Primor), $8.99 en Estados Unidos (precio de Ulta) y, tristemente, creo que no está disponible todavía en Reino Unido ya que no lo he podido encontrar ni en Boots ni en Superdrug (corregirme si estoy equivocada).

¿Habéis probado esta línea de brillos de labios?

maybelline color elixir blush essence
Lucia.

1 comment: